Monday, March 28, 2011

Ke$ha Week 2011: Day 1

I lost a bet recently.

The details aren't as important as the wager.  If I lost (and I narrowly but decisively did), I would have to listen to Kesha Radio on Pandora for a week.  Whenever I sat at my computer and otherwise would have been inclined to listen to iTunes or Last.fm or one of my own Pandora stations, I got nailed with Ke$ha instead.

And I couldn't count on exploiting any loopholes: Two skips per hour.  (No skipping if our dollar-signed friend herself showed up.)  And no manipulating the playlist with thumbs-upping/downing.

It's a tall order, but I'm honor-bound to go through with it.  Ever wondered what a Ke$ha Pandora station is like, but a little too scared (or proud) to investigate it for yourself?  You can live vicariously through me!

Ke$ha Week, Day 1: March 27, 2011

Ke$ha "hit" of the day: "Blah Blah Blah".  This song is so inspired that it's hard to pick out the best lyric, so here are two: "don't be a little bitch with your chitchat," "I wanna be naked, and you're wasted."

Worst song of the day: "3", Britney Spears.  Lyric: "1, 2, 3/ Not only you and me,/ Got one eighty degrees,/ And I'm caught in between."  This song is about having a threesome.  It is so overproduced that Britney actually sings autotuned harmony with her autotuned self.  

Did "Like a G6" show up?  Yes, around the sixth song.  It might have been a remix, because the album was listed as Far East Movement Remixes, but nobody announced "remix!" at the beginning, so I wasn't sure.

Peak ridiculousness: "I Like It," Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull.  When a song's selling point is that it was included on the Jersey Shore soundtrack, you can guess about how good it is.

Song that I skipped: "Bottoms Up," Trey Songz.  I shouldn't have been surprised that this song was so bad given how Mr. Songz chooses to spell his name.


"Currently listening" is on hiatus for the next week.  Mourn for it.

No comments: