Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ke$ha Week 2011: Day 2, or: "Club Can't Handle Me"

Yesterday's selection featured much more of a dance club-ish vibe, rather than the shotgun spread of whatever was on the radio circa 2010 that surfaced on Sunday.  (Miss what all this is about?)

Ke$ha Week, Day 2: March 28, 2011

Ke$ha "hit" of the day: "Kiss n Tell".  I hadn't come across this masterpiece until around 11 am yesterday.  It's full of lyrical brilliance, but its standout lyric is without a doubt "you really should have kept it in your pants; I'm hearing dirty stories from your friends."

Worst song: "Cooler Than Me," Mike Posner.  This song has exactly twelve words, six of which are "you think you're cooler than me."  I know I'm cooler than whoever wrote the drum part on this song, because he only knows two rhythms.

Saving grace: "Airplanes," B.o.B.  Dearest Hayley Williams, I've never been so happy to hear your voice.  I could really use a wish right now, too.  It involves not hearing any more Mike Posner for the rest of the week.

Should Britney Spears sings dubstep? No, as we hear in "Hold it Against Me".  (Actually, it's doubtful that anyone should ever sing dubstep.)  Here's a sample lyric: "you feel like paradise, and I need a vacation tonight, so if I said I want your body, would you hold it against me?"  Get it?  You're so clever, Britney Spears Britney Spears' songwriter.

Songs until I had to hear Lady Gaga: 3 ("Born This Way").  "Lovegame" also made an appearance. (Lady Gaga wants to take a ride on my disco stick.)

Song I skipped: "Bass Down Low" by someone who calls herself "Dev".  She sounds like a second-rate Ke$ha, and this song pulls off the unlikely feat of making me wish "Kiss n Tell" would show up again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not Britney Spears or her songwriter--Groucho Marx.

You're so clever, Groucho Marx.